Monday, January 26, 2009

Starting a New Venture




So, with my time off from WAR, I've had some time to browse many blogs and forums and think up new ideas. And so in conjunction with my upcoming role-playing character, who will be a Slayer, I've decided to start a web-based comic. Yes, I know, there are already a ton of webcomics out there and all that, but bear with me. 


The comic will follow his adventures through Warhammer Online in an in-universe style. I figure, since the game is already laid out in a chapter-based fashion, it would be interesting to follow my character as he progresses through the quests and the storyline. And since I'm going to play him as an RP character, I can use that as a narrative base. I dabble in manga-style art as a hobby, and I enjoy drawing my characters. Also, most of the WAR-based webcomics are done in a self-contained episodic format, and I plan to have a single coherent narrative.


I plan to give him a small backstory, with his overall quest taking him to Karak Kadrin, the Slayer Keep. Of course, there will be a certain amount of poetic license involved, but I'll try and not stray too far from the source material. I hope I can also take common experiences, such as open RvR and keep sieges, and integrate them into the storyline. 


This is a completely new venture for me, and I honestly have no idea how often I'm gonna be putting out pages, and I'm still debating what format I'm going to use. I'm probably going to try to release 3-6 pages every week and a half or so. I'm currently sketching up character designs and other background art. Check back in a few weeks and I'll try to have some sketches uploaded. Wish me luck, and lets hope I don't completely suck at this.



Image credit to Chuck Voit-kev-itch and www.chukw.com

1 comment:

  1. Haha sounds good, and also very different from what's out there now.

    ReplyDelete