Monday, February 16, 2009

Busy Weekend.

Well, title about says it all. I had a pretty full weekend, unfortunately it was not busy playing WAR. We had a family member stay over and of course that's a black hole of time consumption, as many of you know. I did hit Rank 40 Friday night, so I'm stoked on that. Got my Sentinel belt equipped, and now the process starts of getting my pitiful renown rank up. At least, until the Slayer debuts. On Badlands, Altdorf got attacked, but it looks like it didn't progress past the contested stage. Some of my guildies have expressed frustration with the current City siege mechanic, but I'm still optimistic. I'm going to give Mythic a chance to get on the issues, they are always working on improving the game.


In other news, looks like the Night of Murder event is over. I personally didn't get all hyped up for this one, but I heard they implemented the influence curve better this time, as opposed to the grind-tastic Keg End. Although, word is that initially Keg End influence was too fast at first, Mythic heard about players blow through it in a short time, and over-nerfed the inf gain. Unfortunately right after that was a major holiday, and it seems no one made it back to fix the inf curve til after the holiday. Which resulted in a massively slow inf gain throughout the event. Well, now we can start getting hyped on the Bitter Rivals event that is just around the corner. 


I really need to amp up my sketching for this comic project I'm working on, I do have the first page or two planned out and I've finalized the Slayer design I'm using. Of course, details for the design will change when the Slayer goes live, as I plan to use the ingame hair and tattoo designs, which I won't know how they look exactly until launch. I still haven't figured out many of the mechanics for doing a webcomic, but I'm open to learning. I've been lurking artwork threads and if you have a link that has something like a step-by-step guide I'd appreciate it. Anyway, I'll see you guys in a couple days, hope you all had a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Hey there Hiryu02,

    If you're needing some help or someone to toss ideas to, I'm happy to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. My main thing is that aside from scanning my artwork and moving panels around in photoshop, I'm pretty much a babe in the woods when it comes to this field. If you have any sites or guides you recommend, I'd be happy to hear it.

    ReplyDelete