Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Khazgar, the Slayer.


I raced home from work last night, palms sweaty with anticipation. I wasted no time in getting online, logging on, and officially rolling my Slayer. Khazuk! Khazuk Khazuk-ha! I've been preparing for this for a long while, beginning with the name. I'm a huge fan of the lore, and so I didn't want to use some unoriginal, derivative name, like Gotreck, or something similar, heh. At the same time, I wanted to pay homage to Slayers past. The Slayer I wanted to reference was Azgar Grobkul, doomed brother of Uthor Algrimmson, both from the novel Oathbreaker. Azgar failed to prevent Skaven assassins from poisoning their father, the Lord of Karak Kadrin, as he was asleep on guard duty in a drunken stupor. I'd tell you more, but I suggest that you go ahead and purchase the book. It's a good, although bleak account of Dwarfs and oaths in the Old World. 


Anyway, I didn't want to just swipe the name, so I came up with Khazgar. A name that can stand on its own as being particularly Dwarfy, while having a small reference to earlier lore. Yes, I can be one of those pretentious d00ds that overthinks things like this. So anyway, my Slayer is Khazgar, the...um, Slayer.


In all seriousness, I had a blast in Tier one, just hit Rank 9 this morning, and I just trained Deathblow. I can't wait to find someone to uh..practice it on, heh. I've been dual-wielding most of the time, as 2-handers don't do significantly more damage as compared to dual-wield, assuming you are stacking similar amounts of strength. But still, I'm willing to give it a go again. Also keep in mind that these damage numbers were tested using tanks, switching between sword/shield and 2-handers. Melee dps careers might get different results owing to being a different archetype. 


I had a few great moments in Khaine's Embrace, in the tunnels. A group of mostly Slayers would turn the corner and run into a group of mostly Choppas and the screen just explodes! AoE flying everywhere from both sides, the sounds of battle, the screams of the dying, and the fight is over in less than three seconds. And strangely enough, when this occurred, it would be the Slayers left standing. Most of them, anyway. Maybe we just had better heals. At this point, I'm kind of torn about what to do. Should I power through the levels, getting to the next tiers as fast as possible? Or should I hang around and open RvR in Emskrank and up my RRs? In any case, I think I'm gonna be having some fun. See you guys on the front lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment